WIS x USL PITCH IT 2022
The contest for soccer entrepreneurs and organizations is back with a prize pool bigger than ever
WIS and the USL are back to host PITCH IT 2022, a competition that awards funds to entrepreneurs and organizations using soccer for social impact. Submissions are due October 31. Get ready to PITCH IT!
“We’re excited to present the PITCH IT contest once again with our great partner Women in Soccer,” said Amanda Vandervort, USL Super League and W League President. “We look forward to listening and learning from these entrepreneurs and organizations as they pitch it and work towards their goals with soccer as the vehicle.”
In order to enter the competition, entrepreneurs or organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Your vision or organization’s purpose uses soccer or sport as a medium/tool
- You are a member of a historically underserved or underrepresented community or your company’s mission is to support members of these communities
- You are a U.S. citizen and legal permanent resident
- You are over 18 years of age
- Your organization has a 501(c)3, sole proprietorship, LLC or any other legal business status in the US (if you are in the process of obtaining this status at the time of the contest and are selected as a winner, you have one fiscal year starting January 2023 to claim your prize)
- You are currently a member of the Women in Soccer community
If you are not a member, you can join the network for free by visiting womeninsoccer.org/join-us/
This year, you’re pitching for an even bigger pool of funds and industry goods. $7,500.00 in cash is up for grabs! Plus, the Financial Times, Ida Sports, Kickoff Coffee Co. and Talisman Cap USA will be contributing a host of awesome prizes to the first – tenth place contestants.
“This competition is about recognizing innovative and creative ways to make a difference in the game. Teaming up with the USL for PITCH IT 2022 will bring in new voices and ideas that will improve soccer culture for everyone.” – Courtney Carroll Levinsohn, founder of Women in Soccer
Each submission for the “PITCH IT 2022” competition will be reviewed by five industry professionals: Sarah Dwyer-Shick (She/Her), the founder of The Sports Bra Project and PITCH IT 2021 winner, Lisa Wrightsman, Street Soccer USA managing director and the founder of the Street Soccer Sacramento Chapter, Edreece Arghandiwal (He/Him), cofounder and chief marketing officer of Oakland Roots and Oakland Soul, Jasmine Cockfield, the director of corporate citizenship at Shift4 and Icy Jones (He/Him/His), executive director of America SCORES.
ENTER THE PITCH IT CONTEST
Special thanks to our sponsors and supporters who make this pitch contest possible: Swift4, WIS Ally members, Ida Sports, The Financial Times, Talisman Cap USA, and Kickoff Coffee Co.
MEET YOUR PITCH IT JUDGES
Submit your PITCH IT 2022 application today!